Given concerns regarding the Covid-19 virus, Green Mountain Forensics is offering Psychosexual Evaluations and psychotherapy via telepsychology.
At this time, I am using the Zoom platform, which uses secure videoconferencing, texting, and filesharing. Any psychological testing is administered and monitored via secure web browser.
The individual will need to have a computer with a webcam, microphone, and either a Firefox, Chrome, or Safari web browser. For the video and audio to be acceptable quality, the Internet connection needs to be either a cable or DSL, using a LAN or password protected WiFi connection. Dial-up or satelite are not recommended. Do not use a tablet or cell phone.
After a referral has been made and accepted, I will contact the person to schedule a virtual appointment. At that time, I will supply the individual with a link to my virtual waiting room.
The individual should review the GMF Program Forms web page on this site. The following is an additional form that will need to be completed at the beginning of the telepsychology evaluation.
CLIENT INFORMATION AND INFORMED CONSENT ADDENEDUM: TELEPSYCHOLOGY MEETINGS
This document contains important information about my professional services regarding conducting evaluations and therapy online (telepsychology). Please read it carefully and feel free to ask any questions that you might have. When you sign this document, it will represent an agreement between us.
I have a legal and ethical responsibility to make my best efforts to protect all communications that are a part of our telepsychology. However, the nature of electronic communications technologies is such that I cannot guarantee that our communications will be kept confidential or that other people may not gain access to our communications. For example, if someone is listening from another room or accessing the session if you are using a public Wi-Fi network. While there are potential benefits and risks of videoconferencing that differ from in-person sessions, confidentiality still applies for telepsychology services. I use an encrypted/secure, web platform for this process. The audio/video meeting is deleted from my computer and the server immediately after the session closes. It is also important for you to protect the privacy of our session on your computer, such as having passwords to protect the device you use for telepsychology.
The extent of confidentiality and the exceptions to confidentiality that I outlined in my Informed Consent still apply in telepsychology. Please let me know if you have any questions about exceptions to confidentiality.
Crisis Management and Intervention
I do not engage in assessment or therapy, whether in-person or by telepsychology, with clients who are currently in a high risk or crisis situation requiring high levels of support and intervention. To ensure your safety, I ask that you identify an emergency contact person on the bottom of this form who is near your location and who I will contact in the event of a crisis or emergency to assist in addressing the situation.
- It is important to be in a quiet, private space (no one else in the room) that is free of Loud noises and distractions (including cell phone or other devices) during our meeting.
- It is important to be on time. If you need to cancel or change your appointment, you should notify me by phone or email.
- You will need to use a computer with a good, secure internet connection (DSL or cable, not public/free Wi-Fi.) that has a camera and microphone. You need to make sure that your camera, speakers and mic are all turned on.
- When you have your scheduled meeting time, you will open a browser and go to A meeting link that I will provide. Please logon a few minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can resolve any audio or video issues. To ensure best quality, close all other applications on your computer. If you have any difficulties getting connected, please call me at (802) 258-1222.
- If either of us determines that telepsychology is not appropriate, we will need to continue our meetings in-person, when appropriate.
- If the session is interrupted and you are not having an emergency, disconnect from the session and I will wait two (2) minutes and then re-contact you via the telepsychology platform. If you do not receive a call back within two (2) minutes, then please call me at (802) 258-1222.
- Thanks. I appreciate your flexibility as we all try to minimize the spread of this virus. Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions about any of the above.
Informed Consent Addendum
This agreement is intended as a supplement to the general Informed Consent and does not amend any of the terms of that agreement.
Your signature below indicates agreement with its terms and conditions.
Signed: ______________________________ Date: ______________________
Emergency contact person: _____________________________
Dr. Petty: ______________________________ Date: ______________________
Telephone: (802) 258-1222